Join attorneys Alicia J. Samolis and Brian J. Reilly of Partridge Snow and Hahn LLP for an interactive discussion to learn legal best practices (and pitfalls) that Best for RI businesses should be aware of when working towards greater positive impact.
Topics will include:
Legal requirements – Sometimes even the most socially-minded companies fail to meet certain minimum requirements under the law. We will discuss how to ensure that your business practices are in compliance with:
- Anti-Discrimination laws, the Rhode Island Pregnancy Accommodation law, and Leave laws (including the new Rhode Island Sick Time law).
- Data Security & Protection Laws (including state written information security policies).
Legal restrictions you should be aware of as you strive to improve worker and community practices.
- Reverse Discrimination and the restrictions under the Rhode Island Fair Employment Practices Act
- Corporate formalities and board governance
Legal options for furthering your community-oriented goals.
- Policies that may increase your employee relations and diversity
- Importance of manager training
- The business judgment rule and charitable giving
Any business that has completed the 30-minute Best for RI Challenge! Visit www.bestforri.com and click on “Take the Challenge” to begin, or “Login” to finish your Challenge.
Wednesday, April 25th at 5:30PM
Social Enterprise Greenhouse, 10 Davol Square, Providence RI